- Teammates quickly become family.
- Inca Kola is pretty tasty.
- Peruvians are some of the warmest people you’ll ever encounter.
- Riches and poverty are often only mere miles apart from each other.
- When your silky black undies fall out of your bag in front of a cute guy, it’s incredibly embarrassing. (Yes, this happened and no, I haven’t the faintest idea of how my underwear ended up in my purse.)
- “Ice cream” should always refer to the most fantastistically delicious gelato in the world.
- Rain in Peru is what Canadians would call a light mist.
- Single? Your team members will attempt to set you up with any eligible Peruvian bachelor/bachelorette. Your Compassion child’s mother may also make the same offer.
- You can buy anything from vendors roaming the highways – newspapers, snacks, drinks, wallets, sideview mirrors, toys…
- You’ll say that you are “forever changed” by the experience but life’s busyness will challenge that statement. I am convinced that a missions trip’s effect on your own life only comes from constant reminders, sharing your story, reliving it with team members, and Lord-willing, experiencing it again one day.
- Day made: Toyota commercial... With Muppets! 2 months ago
- Me talking about sports = "What's that soccer thingy in Brazil called?" 2 months ago
- RT @CitylineCA: We're contest crazy today! Follow @CitylineCA and RT this tweet for your chance to win a $250 gift certificate for @LOFTCan… 2 months ago
- RT @ToddAdkins: Your job is what you get paid for, your calling is what you were made for. >> For you are His Workmanship...Eph 2:10 3 months ago
- Polka dot rain boots make rainy days so much better. #thankstarget 4 months ago
The History Books